Opportunities exist through WMPs partner Planet Medic, for paramedics to work autonomously in Vanuatu’s main ambulance service in Efate and Santo. This is a unique opportunity for paramedics to gain experience in a humanitarian operations and Vanuatu’s ambulance service as a volunteer paramedics. WMP is seeking adventurous paramedics with at least 3 years experience in pre-hospital care at ALS, ICP or MICA levels for 4 week placements.
Core values of the ambulance service include adhering to international standards for equipment and patient care, the professionalism of staff, responding to all calls for assistance on a 24-hour basis, and accessibility for all.
- Airport Transfers (pick up and drop off)
- Country orientation
- Service induction
- Clean, basic accommodation (either at the station or upgrade options available)
- 2 x uniform shirts and 1 x Planet Medic work pants
- Work visa and registration
- Professional indemnity insurance
- a rotating roster encompassing 4 day shifts and 4 days off
A discounted island tour is available to Wild Medic volunteers during their stay through Melanesian Tours. Contact WMP for more information
- International flights
- Personal food and other living expenses
- Additional rest and recreation activities
- Travel insurance
Click here to complete the Expression of Interest to Volunteer with Panet Medic today!
Port Vila is the capital and largest city of Vanuatu and is located on the Island of Efate. With a population of approximately 44,000 people it makes up almost 65% of the entire islands population. Situated on the south coast of the island of Efate, inShefa Province, Port Vila is the economic and commercial centre of Vanuatu.
Luganville is the second largest city in Vanuatu with a current population of 13,300. Located on Espiritu Santo, the largest island of Vanuatu, it belongs to the archipelago of the New Hebrides in the Pacific region of Melanesia with an area of 3,955.5 km. The city is also referred to as Santo by the people from Vanuatu’s northern islands who use Luganville as their big city and it is called Kanal by rural residents of the island
Volunteer Medics will gain significant experience in working within a developing country providing medical support to local indigenous citizens and expatriate visitors and residents within a non-government humanitarian aid organisation.
Solo Traveler – Basic accommodation above the station $650 AUD per person (4 weeks)
Tentative 2017 dates available
- 7th March – 3rd April
- 4th April – 1st May
- 2nd May – 29th May
- 30th May – 26th June
- 27th June – 24th July
- 25 July – 21st August
- 22 August – 18th September
- 19th September – 16th October
- 17th October – 13th November
- 14th November – 11th December
- 12th December – 8th January 2018
If the above dates do not match with your leave send us an email!
* Although we aim to keep cost down for participant’s prices can change due to currency fluctuations
* There is no minimum numbers for placements to occur
*Placements of 4 weeks minimum required however lengths can be negotiated. All placements will begin on Monday’s
This placement is managed by Planet Medic for The Wild Medic Project Inc.
So what are you waiting for? Challenge yourself on the trip of a lifetime…Click here to secure your spot!
“One day, you’ll just be a memory to some people. Do your best to be a good one”. Unknown